I'm working on a plugin that I hope to make available for both Hubzilla AND Zap. However, I notice that there are differences between the Zotlabs/Lib/Activity.php file and I'm wondering the best way to deal with that moving forward.
For my own purposes, I note that the Hubzilla version of encode_item does not encode the
. But (even aside from formatting differences) there are at least a handful of changes that may need to be considered candidates for inclusion in Hubzilla.
If there's already a process for this, I don't want to spend time duplicating someone else's efforts and possibly mucking up the works in the process. At the same time, I'm stretched too thin to commit to taking the lead on keeping up with integrating changes (I had hoped that this addon would be to the "minimum viable product" stage over 3 months ago, and my list of potential "next projects" has only grown in the meantime).
My options are (1) wait for an existing process to take effect (not ideal, but I can deal with that) - or - (2) proceed in an ad-hoc manner with things I see a clear need for and use the current review process on a case-by-case basis? (Option 3 is to wait for someone to step up and take the whole thing on - but I don't want to hold my breath that long).