I have been using the Skeleton addon as reference as previously suggested, also as expected it become easy enough to compare it to other addons and see what is what.
If I understood correctly, there are some function names that are expected by the platform (correlated to the file name) and, if existent, are called when appropriated.
But there are others that must be registered as hooks, which also have expected names.
So my most recent doubts:
- Is there a place where all the expected function names are listed?
- Why the distinction between the standard file named functions and the expected hook ones?
- I was not able to trigger uninstall () and init (), although other addons use them. Have I done something wrong or the functions are deprecated?
- Why is construct_page () called every time even when it is not installed? I'm supposing it's because some addons can change behavior outside its "sandbox" and it's my responsibility to control the context in this function.
- Which is the most complex addon that takes most advantage of the platform architecture? (for reference....)
I'm sorry for the long list of questions, but I don't seam to find any kind of specific documentation or code comments regarding this things.
For this reason I'm also trying to keep track of my shenanigans and expand the skeleton addon :D
Once again, thanks for the help.
The more I study the more impressed I get with what you guys have built so far.