Release: Hubzilla 5.4
zotlabs.org | Hubzilla
Tue, 09 Mar 2021 12:12:27 +0000
wrote the following
Mon, 08 Mar 2021 10:11:13 +0000
Hubzilla 5.4 Released!
Most of the work done for Hubzilla 5.4 has happened under the hood. Performance has been improved and basic compatibility with PHP8 reached. We have added some long awaited features and a bunch of more or less annoying bugs have been fixed.
Here is a compilation of the most notable changes:
- Photo storage backend now defaults to filesystem instead of database for new installations - a conversion script for existing installations has been added
- Manual public content import via search has been implemented for zot6, activitypub and diaspora protocols
- Channel export for Zap has been implemented (experimental)
- The summary tag has been deprecated in favor of a dedicated summary input field
- Direct messages are now easier to distinguish from limited posts in the network stream (envelope icon)
- Added polish translation
For the complete changelog please refer to
to all contributors and everybody who is supporting Hubzilla. Special thanks to @
NGI Zero open source funding
for sponsoring the implementation of the manual public content import feature.
This release is dedicated to all the women of the world - Happy International Women's day everybody!
How to Upgrade
- Backup your data
from the terminal
Get the Code
Hubzilla, a powerful platform for creating interconnected websites featuring a decentralized identity, communications, and permissions framework built using common webserver technology.
Link to Source
Tue, 09 Mar 2021 17:42:14 +0000
I just installed a new secondary on
This is in preparations to share the load if I manage to build a manufacturing community on Hubzilla.
You can leave me advice on how to finetune, what to install, how to purpose this to be a better secondary.
Its on a yearly lease VPS at OVH Toronto, 2xCPU, 8GB RAM, 80 GB HDD.
So far I am going to make nightly manual snapshots, would love to hear what if any other backup is need. I backup my DNS stack via Webmin automated compress and upload to remote, not sure if this hub can use it / need it.
Link to Source
Email or nickname