I will soon merge the perms_ng branch into dev.
In first place your channel and contacts permissions will stay untouched during and after the upgrade. Your channel and contact roles will only take effect after you manually select and submit them.
- We now have 4 predefined channel roles which can be selected from the channel settings: public, personal, community forum (this one might be renamed to group later) and custom.
- The selected channel role after upgrade will be set to custom (which in this case means your current setting does not fit any predefined channel role)
- Select the the channel role that suites your channel best: public is best suited for fediverse interactions, personal comes with the zot privacy enhancements. Choose community forum if you want the channel to act like a forum. Choose custom for special use-cases (in this cases advanced configurations are available from the privacy settings).
- Please review your privacy settings (new menu in /settings) and your profile settings after you changed your channel role.
- You will be asked to assign a contact role to your contacts
- Each channel role comes with one default contact role, you can however define as many custom contact roles as you like/need in the contact roles app
- Contact roles can be assigned to all contacts or to contacts per privacy groups from the contact roles app. To assign a contact role to a specific channel, use the connections app or the edit connection entry from the dropdown menu of a contacts post/comment avatar
- Any contact role can be selected to be the default for new contacts in the contact roles app
- Contacts can now also be edited directly from the contacts profile image dropdown of their posts
- The default privacy group for created content and the default privacy group to add new contacts to, can now be set directly in the privacy groups app
I think that's about it...