I've been testing federation between different platforms and networks for a while, there seems to be a bug somewhere between #Pleroma
. Anyone else who is more capable and see which project we should file a bug report?
Here's what I did:
- On a Pleroma instance: add a Hubzilla channel
- In a Hubzilla instance, you won't receive a connection request
- Post a new status in Hubzilla, it won't appear on Pleroma
- Add manually the Pleroma account that added your Hubzilla channel
- Post a new status in Hubzilla, it will now show up on Pleroma
* Tested from iscute.moe and luna.town (Pleroma) vs. my own Hubzilla hub.
Since Pleroma is using #ActivityPub
(and also #OStatus
), I tried the same under #Mastodon
(both using ActivityPub) and connections work fine (except for Misskey, it's not receiving new posts coming from Hubzilla, but that's for a different test/report).
Anyway, this is not that important in the grand scheme of things but I think filing a bug report in the proper project is good, so if someone wants to pick it up later, they know it's there. :)