zotlabs.org | Hubzilla Announcements
Wed, 08 Sep 2021 08:55:48 +0000
wrote the following
Wed, 08 Sep 2021 08:02:03 +0000
Hubzilla 6.2 Released!
Hubzilla 6.2 has been released after two months of development. The most noticeable change in this release is probably the work that has been done on the apps infrastructure. Featured (starred) and pinned apps in the app-bin and navigation bar can now easily be sorted via drag and drop. Additionally apps can now be moved to the navigation bar or app-bin by dragging the app icon from the installed apps overview to either the right side of the navigation bar (pin action) or directly onto the hamburger menu (star action). The overviews of the available and installed apps have been restructured and app descriptions implemented. For your convenience apps can now also be installed directly from the module that provides the app.
The work on the apps infrastructure has been sponsored by @
NGI Zero open source funding
. Thank you for that!
Other mentionable changes include:
- The custom highlight bbcode
has been deprecated in favor of
which is a HTML5 standard.
- The post_mail permission has been implemented to allow/deny direct messages from contacts
- The actor store and cache mechanism has been refactored
- Hubzilla now supports installation as a PWA (Progressive Web App) if this is supported by the browser
- Translation updates
- Bug fixes
- Hubzilla has been updated to Bootstrap 5. If you use a custom theme, please make sure to update the templates accordingly. See here for reference:
- The channel menu option for visitors has been removed in favor of an extended app-bin
For a detailed changelog see here:
to all contributors and everybody who is supporting Hubzilla.
How to Upgrade
create a backup
from the terminal
Get the Code
Hubzilla is a powerful platform for creating interconnected websites featuring a decentralized identity, communications, and permissions framework built using common webserver technology.
Link to Source