Most of the work done for Hubzilla 5.4 has happened under the hood. Performance has been improved and basic compatibility with PHP8 reached. We have added some long awaited features and a bunch of more or less annoying bugs have been fixed.Here is a compilation of the most notable changes:
- Photo storage backend now defaults to filesystem instead of database for new installations - a conversion script for existing installations has been added
- Manual public content import via search has been implemented for zot6, activitypub and diaspora protocols
- Channel export for Zap has been implemented (experimental)
- The summary tag has been deprecated in favor of a dedicated summary input field
- Direct messages are now easier to distinguish from limited posts in the network stream (envelope icon)
- Added polish translation
For the complete changelog please refer to this
A big THANK YOU!
to all contributors and everybody who is supporting Hubzilla. Special thanks to @NGI Zero open source funding
for sponsoring the implementation of the manual public content import feature.
This release is dedicated to all the women of the world - Happy International Women's day everybody!
How to Upgrade
- Backup your data
from the terminal
Get the Code
Source code: https://framagit.org/hubzilla/core/
Install instructions: https://framagit.org/hubzilla/core/-/blob/master/install/INSTALL.txt
Hubzilla, a powerful platform for creating interconnected websites featuring a decentralized identity, communications, and permissions framework built using common webserver technology.https://hubzilla.org