Manage Permissions For Hubzilla Connections With Permission Categories
last edited: Sun, 17 Feb 2019 01:37:43 +0000
Hubzilla has got a wide range of tools to manage access rights and permissions. One useful tool to manage permissions for connections is the Permission Categories app. It enables you to create categories of predefined permission sets that makes it easier to manage groups of connections with different permissions.
The Permission Categories App
Once you get more connections or if you run a non-private hub you may want to grant different connections different permissions. One permission you may only want to grant just a few people is posting too your channel wall, while usually all your connections should not have got that right.
In come Permission Categories.
- enable the Permission Categories app at /apps/available
- you can either use the predefined categories or create your own ones at /permcats
- at your channels' privacy settings you can select a default Permission Category to be assigned to any new connection
- at each connection's privacy settings you can change the currently assigned Pernission Category
There are three pre-defined Permission Categories, for Follower, Contributor and Publisher.
As of now there is a open issue regarding Permission Categories.
- when renaming a PC it is dublicated instead of renamed
- at the connection settings PCs are always displayed as "Default" instead of the one assigned. You need to compare the actual permissions with your PCs.
- when changing a setting within a PG it should be automatically applied to all relevant connections
- there should be an easy way to bulk check / bulk assign PGs to connections, maybe similar to Privacy Groups